About Mrs. McCorkle
After growing up in Boerne, I moved to Austin in 1999 to attend UT where I took a wide variety of comparative literature and linguistic courses before graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in English and a minor in Linguistics. I worked in "the real world" for a few years before deciding that I needed a career in which I would not only be able to make a difference in people's lives but also get paid to talk about and study my favorite subjects: literature and grammar.
I began my teaching career in Round Rock ISD and taught Language Arts and Reading for nine years, moved to Comfort in 2016 and taught at a small private school in Fredericksburg for two years, and finally joined the Comfort ISD family in 2018. I absolutely adore every facet of language, and I hope to spark the same love of it in my students!
Outside of school, I spend most of my time with my husband and our children: two dogs--Sydney and Harry; three cats--Radar, Azrael, and Cerael (yes, that's how it's spelled); Winchester the Percheron; Mamacita the mini donk; countless chickens and ducks; and a small human named Gidget.
When I'm not tending to the menagerie, I enjoy:
- reading fiction--mainly Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Steampunk, and Mystery;
- knitting, crocheting, spinning, and cross stitching;
- showing off my vast stores of (mostly useless) knowledge at trivia nights;
- pretending to have a green thumb in the garden;
- listening to music--primarily punk rock, 80s rock, and outlaw country; and
- watching lots of TV and movies--I'm a devoted Wholigan and Browncoat, as well as a huge fan of Warehouse 13, Castle, Downton Abbey, and the Marvel Universe.