In recognition of Veteran’s Day the Comfort Middle School Concert Band presented two performances during the week. The first was the Patriotic Tour of Comfort on Monday, November 9th. They performed patriotic songs at Trinity Mission Health & Rehab, VFW/Golden Age Center and at Hermann Sons Retirement Home for residents, visitors and members. The second was the Veteran’s Day Luncheon at Comfort Middle School on Wednesday, November 11th for visiting veteran’s and their families at the meal prepared by the CMS National Junior Honor Society.
Program for Patriotic Tour & Veteran’s Day Luncheon
- God Bless America – performed by the Trombone, Baritone, Bari Sax, Tuba and Percussion sections
- America the Beautiful – performed by the Alto Sax, Horn and Percussion sections
- This Is My Country – performed by the Trumpet and Percussion sections
- Yankee Doodle/Yankee Doodle Boy – performed by the Flute, Clarinet and Percussion sections
- The Star Spangled Banner – performed by the entire band.
We are very excited about this first Patriotic Tour of Comfort as well as our ongoing recognition of veterans at the CMS Luncheon. Please encourage these young musicians in these activities as they honor those who have served.